a leap of faith

photo by my PensandLens photo contest winner…Nhaj Bequilla

First of all this post is dedicated to the current winner and one of my favorite blogger Kristy for winning the Full Time Fabulous blog contest, she deserves this win and I think we need someone as precious and wonderful as Kristy to promote blogging in the sense of not just being popular but for the real reason of creating a new community of great people, something some of us has already forgotten.   In her latest post she asked us about what are the risk or leap of faith that we took in our lives?  I immediately thought of only one thing and that is me being in the land of smiles, that is moving and living alone in Bangkok.

I was living a princess like life with my mom and brothers, call me a spoiled brat or whatever you want to tag about me but I think moving away and being independent made a big difference in my life right now.  I took a leap of faith when I studied for an TESOL certification in Thailand, staying here alone without knowing if I can get a job after the training was the most scariest thought in my mind.  But thank God that four days before our graduation I was happy to receive a job offer that started my journey here.  I got an apartment and shopped on my own, started a new life with the money I saved from my old business when I was still in the Philippines.

Being away from my family for the very first time was the most heart breaking experience I ever had.  It was not a smooth process when I have to spend my 24th birthday and first Christmas alone, but with all those experiences I have become what I am today.  With this leap of faith I was granted with the strength and courage to face whatever trials and tribulation alone.  I was able to open my eyes to the real world and I was able to realize that being independent is never easy.  But you see, I am thankful for all the blessings and lessons learned, I will never regret that day I decided to apply for Bangkok, seriously that was one of the best decisions in my life.

photo taken by me during the Sinulog procession 2008

I would also like to share with you one of the greatest celebration we have in my beloved hometown in the Philippines because we, Cebuanos just knows how to party, rain or shine we took part in the fluvial parade and the yearly procession in the heart of Cebu.  Despite with the rain pouring so hard over the weekend, my dear friends never failed to impress me with their partying skills.  Viva Pit Senyor!!!! Today is officially a wild and wet party in Cebu, thanks to Eden for keeping me company with her live telecast during the days event.

last two photos were taken from my Facebook friends newsfeed….

Advertisements

31 Comments Add yours

1. Sher says:

What a sweet post, love. I think you’re so very brave for making the decision to leave your home for an unknown future then. I’m glad that everything has worked out for you and how it has shaped you into the beautiful, wonderful woman you are now:)

xx

1. Sweet says:

hehehehe!!!! thanks Sher…yes call it a big risk dear!

2. dredd says:

I think I know how you feel though I am not living a princess-like life with my family, I was once in your shoe 10 years ago when I decided to try my luck here in Sweden and yeahh it feels great that we didn’t made a bad decision, our experiences shaped us up for who we are now.

I enjoyed seeing all your Sinulog photos and wish to witness it in the near future. Goodluck to all your endeavors.

Kisses/Dredd

1. Sweet says:

awww Dredd..thank you so much darling!!!

3. i wish i could attend this festival sometime. well, that will be soon.

soon…and let usparteeh!!!

4. leia says:

I’m so glad that your life in Bangkok turned out so well! 🙂

yes Leia…thank gawd!!!

5. kristy says:

thank you for sharing your leap of faith story with us! what a beautiful, wonderful experience. i’m so happy for you that you did this, it definitely sounds like it has made you who you are and better for it. thank you for always being such a wonderful and community conscious blogger. and for the shout out! much love to you darling.

Kristy Elena – Full Time Fabulous
    Vogue Gone Rogue
    Twitter: @kristyelena

1. Sweet says:

aww Kristy thank you so much for sharing this on Twitter..

6. S. says:

Amazing photos!

7. Hazel says:

leap of faith nga! but glad that things worked out fine there!!! You must really be courageous para pagdaanan yun — imagine living on your own on a foreign land… ;| di ko yata carry yun! so for that, i’m so proud of you 🙂

P.S. the old Cebu pictures are amazing! lively nga talaga ang celebration ng sinulog noh 😛

1. Sweet says:

ehehehe it was really a big risk for me…but good thing I was able to survive wheew…I guess para din talaga sa akin yun…I was so dependent with my family and friends…so I think it was a great experience…

8. Cheryl says:

you really do love your hometown, don’t you!

congrats to the photo winner–great picture.

1. Sweet says:

yes I do…proud to be from cebu

9. Madison says:

What a great post, “leap of faith” & Yay!! to #teamkristy!!
    I love those photos dear, now that’s a party!

-xxoo

http:/www.ladyofashion.com

1. Sweet says:

yes YEY to team kristy wheheheh

10. Lexy says:

“Leap of Faith” – I love that term! THere’s so much excitement and possibilities that come from it; yayyyy.

And these pictures are STUNNNING. I adore the colours. They are so delicious. (Yes, colours can be delicious!)

11. Hope Adela says:

i love how colorful and festive everything is! =)

12. Great images for a wonderful celebration! & it does sound like a very brave leap of faith – I’m glad it turned out so well!

yes Audrey that gawd ehehehhe

13. Liv says:

Thanks for writing this post. It really made me wanna take a chance in life my self, I’m as you know thinking about moving to Berlin, and this post made me certain that it is a risk/chance I wanna take. 🙂

1. Sweet says:

Go girl…you can really do it…just believe in yourself…and do not loose hope stay postive!!!

14. Renée says:

These photos are amazing! All those colors!!
    Lovely post, I want to see the world but it’s so hard to say goodbye to my home.

1. Sweet says:

I know…and if only we have the great riches of the world

15. paoloberdin says:

Sinulog was indeed very fun! you should be here next time! haha 🙂

1. Sweet says:

yes I will heheheeh I am planning now!!!

16. I really like your post. Will continue reading your blog. 🙂

17. For some this may sound pertinent enough that they will actually work the information. However, despite its validity, I doubt I affect the community as a whole. At least you did your duty and rang the bell.